Hi everyone! While shopping in Tuesday Mornings one day last year, I saw the cutest ornament that I promised myself I would attempt to make this year for Christmas. Everything I used to make this glittery bird house ornament I had on hand.
Some glue, a glue gun, glitter (two colors), some scrapbook paper, and…
Some cardboard, some cardstock, and of course, a toilet paper tube.
Making Your Ornament
(6) Cover your shortened toilet paper tube with decorative paper (I used vintage music) OR paint it.
(7) Cut out a small archway, about an inch or so high in your tube.
(8) Take one of your card stock half circles and glue ends together (as shown) to create a cone. Clamp to hold while drying.
(9) Paint your cone. I did one black, but didn’t like the black roof with the black base, so I did another one in pink (I did not paint it, just glittered with pink glitter).
(10) Apply glitter by coating your cone with Elmer’s or Modge Podge and sprinkling with glitter (I used clear for the black one).
(11) Once the cone is dry, adhere to your tube using tacky glue or a glue gun by running a bead of glue around the top edge of the tube. Set roof down, press, allow to dry.
(12) Do the same with the base–adhere using tacky glue or a glue gun by running a bead of glue around the bottom edge of the tube. Press onto your base.
(13) Cut a small triangle out of coordinating scrapbook paper, glue to the toothpick, insert into the tip of your cone.
(14) Glue a loop of cord to the top of your cone (I used a glue gun) and you’re done!
I’m kind of in love with how it turned out.