Welcome to Vintage Charm
Thanks so much for joining the party.
Link up your VINTAGE: furniture flips, roadside finds,
repurposed projects, collections, home decor, and more.
Here’s What Your Hostesses Have Been Up To
— Diana’s Pick —
Kristine from The Painted Hive has created some spectacular Farmhouse Quote Art by taking words like “unconditional” or “devotion” and matching them with perfect quotes. Not only do they have simple, farmhouse appeal, but they convey deep meaning as well. Links in the post to her “original post” contain a tutorial on how to distress a laminated frame to give it farmhouse charm–perfect for framing these handsome quotes. Did I mention that Kristine is giving these away for free, and each can be printed up to 22″ x 26″? Pretty amazing.
— Cecilia’s Pick —
In We Passed Final Inspection! Melissa from Dancing Dog Cabin shared an update of the gorgeous cabin she and her husband have so lovingly renovated. She also shared her heart regarding her recent absence from blogging due to grieving the loss of her mother. We’ve missed Melissa and send our condolences. I’ll close with her dedication honoring her mom, but be sure to drop by for a visit–farmhouse lovers will not want to miss her kitchen! This post is dedicated to my mom, because, I owe, among many other things, my decorating style, my love of old vintage things and antiques with character, and my approach to creating a home, to her and the home I grew up in.
As an avid DIYer and vintage jewelry artist, I was drawn in by Artsy Vava’s DIY tablet stand. While I’ve seen many of these types of creations on Pinterest and in the blogosphere, I think hers is extra special. I love the color she chose to paint the clipboard as well as the vintage bling she so expertly embellished it with. It looks beautiful holding her tablet, grocery list, or even photos. If you’ve ever thought of making your own one of these (and even if you haven’t!) head on over and check it out.
Kim at Snug Harbor Bay loves redoing antique trunks. She picked up one in less than pristine condition at an estate sale recently. She started her redo process by giving it a good cleaning, repaired a couple of places on the bottom, replaced the handles, and painted the whole thing white. When the trunk was dry she distressed it and waxed the outside. During the cleaning process, she ripped out most of the paper inside so she used her favorite go-to for papering trunk interiors: vintage sheet music. Hop on over to Snug Harbor Bay to check out all that went into redoing Amy’s antique trunk.
We hope you’ll follow our Vintage Charm Features and Favorites board on Pinterest,
and check it every week. We don’t just pin features, but many other posts we love as well.
We want to build your traffic and popularity any way we can.
If you were featured today,
please grab our party button:
- Content: Submit up to three posts that involve VINTAGE: finds, crafts, DIYs, or other vintage subject matter. No recipes, shop link-ups, or direct advertising, please. Please share only YOUR OWN photographs.
- Link-back: We’d love it if you included the Vintage Charm button or a text link back to the party in your linked post or on your blog.
- Visitation: Please visit other blog posts—after all, that’s what a link up is all about! When pinning, please go to the source of a photo to pin it to Pinterest, so the originator of the post gets the credit.
- Hostess Love: Consider following each of your party hostesses blogs and/or one or more forms of social media. We love connecting with each of our guests and will be highlighting features on all of our social media.
- Spread the Word: Consider mentioning Vintage Charm on your social media to help spread the word and make this party a great experience for everyone.
- Prizes: Each month we will select a Feature of the month, chosen from among the 12 features selected during that month. It will be featured on all four hostesses blogs. At the end of the year, one of the twelve monthly features will be selected as the Grand Prize Feature of the Year. Prize TBA.
- Permission: By linking up to Vintage Charm you assert that the photographs are yours (or you have permission to use them), and you give your hostesses permission to feature them on social media or a blog party, with a link back to your blog. You likewise assert that the content of your post is also yours.
[inlinkz_linkup id=714487 mode=1]